Education and training are important; there’s no doubt. There is a debate, however, about the best way to educate and train. Some people learn better in a classroom. Others have no problem gaining knowledge from online sources.
Instructor-led training (ILT) is more traditional amd formal version of training. ILT takes place in a classroom in front of students , while eLearning is web-based and can be taken at anytime from an internet-connected device. There are a few things to consider when it comes to ILT vs. eLearning.
The case for eLearning
eLearning. Com reports that more than 40% of Fortune 500 companies use eLearning, and 72% of organizations claim that eLearning provides them with a distinct competitive advantages.
The advantages of eLearning include:
- Saving companies money, in terms of development hours, travel costs, and employee time away from work
- Taking less time away from an employee’s work day, as eLearning takes up to 40-60% less time than classroom instruction
- Allowing employees more flexibility to access training when and where they have the time to do so
- Being particularly suited for employees who are remote, traveling, or have high turnover rates
- Creating personalized custom eLearning solutions that can be tailored to better match the specific learner
- Allowing employees to pause training, reread information, or test out of information they already know
- Increasing employee retention of information, for specific subjects
E-learning can be just as effective as instructor-led training if the following conditions are met:
- Content is focused on a single topic
- The course is designed well (context, audio, tests, and well defined learning chuncks)
- A solid goal plan – CEUs, Certificate of Competency
- Defined visuals, activities and support is easily available
We have a complete line up of ISO courses online. Click here to see courses on:
IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, ASD9100D ISO 45001
The case for Instructor Lead training
One of the greatest advantages of instructor-led training is that employees have the opportunity to ask questions. Highly-trained corporate trainers and instructors can also adapt their presentations to the skill level and personality of the class they’re teaching.
Instructor-led, or traditional, classes can also break off into brainstorming or role-playing groups. Employees get a chance to learn from each other. Most importantly, for complex or highly collaborative subjects, instructor-led training provides the direct immersion experience employees need to learn the material.Our approach is to offer both. Pillar Management Associates can provide in-person training and online training.
Pillar Management Associates’ Approach
We provide both modes of training. To better offer you the option, you are able to provide Instructor Led Training AND online training.
Please review the locations we are scheduled for Instructor Lead Training
Up Coming Instructor Led Training
- ISO Lead Auditor Training in San Jose CA, and Tampa FL
- IATF 16949 with 9001 Emphasis in St Louis MO
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Training in St Louis, MO, and Albany NY
- ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Training in San Jose, CA and Albany NY
Click here to register for one of these classes or to see our full Instructor Led Training Schedule.